In the second part of the opening of season three, we find that Sarah’s best friend Carina Miller (Mini Anden) is back again on another mission.
Carina mark this time is an arms dealer named Karl, who has killed his way to some unknown weapon in a gold case. Of course things become complicated as Carina invites Sarah and her “boyfriend” Chuck to the engagement party. This episode of Chuck revolves around the feelings and the cardinal rule of spies. “Spies don’t fall in love.” Of course our poor Chuck wouldn’t be Chuck if he was able to tell what Sarah’s true feelings are, though who could tell with the tension between the two of them.
The main plot of this episode involves taking back the secret weapon from Karl the arms dealer, an op that requires the Sarah and Chuck relationship cover to go into play again. Of course this leads to plenty of awkward situations between them where they ask themselves “Are we really in love?” While on the mission, Chuck just can’t control himself in trying to figure out what Sarah’s feelings are, borderline jeopardizing the mission.
In another touching moment, we find Sarah asking Carina if she ever dreamed of settling down, to which Carina responds “never.” Sarah though, remains unconvinced.
Once at the vault, Chuck is able to pull some acrobatic skills out of the intersect info and amazingly bypasses a complicated laser system with comical skill.
Back at the Buy More, we find that Lester and Jeff are calling out Morgan on his relationship with Carina, prodding him to have a housewarming party and to invite her. The party itself is a great rare scene of the Buy More gang getting out of the store and into the outside world. You have to give it to Jess and Lester for standing up to thugs twice as big as they are, even though they did absolutely nothing. There are plenty of funny gags of the employees in the background as well. The best is Jeff’s scheme to out drink all the other guys at the party till they pass out, leaving him and Lester with all the ladies.
It was nice to see Morgan finally stand up for himself though, and get the girl in the end. Also, despite not being able to control his flashes, Chuck saves the day with compassion, emotion, and wit instead.
In the end we get another small reveal, some character named “Shaw” is pulling the General’s strings. I’m sure we’ll find out more about him as we go, but it sets up a second plot line to follow for the series. These opening pair of episodes might not have been a non stop series of laughs, but they definitely setup a strong foundation for the season. I just hope the lay off on the teen angst drama soundtrack a little bit.
- Los Angeles has all the cultural ponage of a porta potty
- there are what 2 million ladies in the city of angels? They can’t all say no to us.
- She’s basically a Swedish supermodel, the country’s the greatest export since Björn Borg. – Ironic since Mini Anden is a super model
- Thanks for being on the case Nancy Drew.
- “Daddy and uncle Johnny share the same thick neck and square head.” – Carina of Casey
- Smooch and Smoochie? Good grief.
- “I was practically just a boy when my big brother brought home the most beautiful baby girl.” – Casey trying to avoid the idea he’s old
- “A humiliation like this will leave a deep lasting scar.. I know…I know..” – Lester
- Big Mike says there are 730 Japanese words for yes but none for no. Not sure about the number of yes words, but “iie” is “no”.
- “There are 730 words in Japanese for yes, you just need her to say one” – Big Mike, words to live by I’d say.
- “Just because you are a woman I’d give up a non-vital organ to to make love, it doesn’t give you the right to just show up here with this clown.
- The look on Casey’s face as he’s spraying his Buy More coworkers is great. He was enjoying himself too much.
- I think Morgan actually deserves to get Carina.
- What was in the weapon?
- Why does Morgan have all those shoes?
- Sarah realizes that Chuck truly loves her with his very sweet speech while locked in the room.
- Sarah and Carina speak Swedish (or Polish?) at the end. I don’t know what they said, but I assume it’s a farewell/good luck greeting.
Songs of the week:
- Sexy chick – David Guetta
- Just Like Paradise – David Lee Roth
- Model Homes In-Flight Safety
Gratuitous shot of Sarah: Her and Carina getting dressed for the party…yeah, I can’t even talk about it without sounding stupid.