The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification is the famed “Steve Wozniak” episode we’ve heard about, but I’m sad to say he only has a single scene with a couple lines of dialoge.
For the most part, the episode is consistently funny throughout thanks to it’s silly premise of Sheldon trying to live forever. His solution is to hide away in his room and create a robot version of himself, which I think is a very Sheldon type response and solution.
On the B-story, we have the guys noticing that Leonard has been covering Penny’s share of various expenses for some time now, and they start to poke fun at the fact. Like most of the story lines in this show, it doesn’t really go much beyond some light hearted ribbing and seems to drop off completely without any resolution.
Overall, the episode has plenty of good one liners, but it just feels like it’s lacking a bit of depth sometimes.
- Dogapus – hybrid dog + octopus.
- Raj (via Howard) and Penny have a bit of an insult fight with the victor being Raj suggesting Sheldon join Penny on her daily running.
- Robot Sheldon always wears the same shirt as the real Sheldon.
- “I never got that turtle neck thing.” – The Woz on the Jobs.
- Of course the Woz identifies the robot as a “virtual presence device.”