Tonight the seedy underbelly of Pasadena rears it’s head and we find Sheldon and Leonard the victims of a robbery. This doesn’t settle well for Sheldon as he falls into full blown neurosis and fear.
As a heavily Sheldon centric episode, the writers do well to showcase the personality and skills of Jim Parsons as an actor. You really start to feel for Sheldon and relate to his over exaggerated fear of another robbery. From his late night wandering to Penny’s apartment, to his actual desire to get a glass of milk for Penny and Leonard just to not be alone, we see that under fear, Sheldon very much wants to be around the people he cares about. Deep down, they are the only ones who can provide him the security and companionship he needs.
This fear though, is not exactly over exaggerated. I would surmise that anyone who finds themselves victim to a robbery would have the same type of irrational fears of a repeat invasion while they were home. For the most part though, I got too caught up in the overbearing laugh track and Parsons’ portrayal of Sheldon to notice.
It was a funny episode overall, but you have to wonder if it make too light of humor of a serious situation.
- Things Stolen: TV, 2 laptops, 4 external hard drives, PS2, PS3, XBox XBox360, Classic Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii
- Video Games Stolen: Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Call of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Final Fantasy 1-9, The Legend of Zelda,The Legend of Zelda The Ocarina Of Time,, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Galaxies, Mario and Conic at the Winter Olympics…. and Ms. Pac Man
- “I’m not crazy, my mother had me tested.” – Sheldon
- “I’m not scared, I would have gone all Nebraska on their asses.” – Penny with a bat
- Sheldon now knocks on Penny’s door as “Penny and Sheldon” if he knows he’s there.
- “I’m fine, but I’m no longer the master of my own bladder.” – Sheldon
- “My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user friendly than Windows Vista. I don’t like that” – Sheldon
- The Security Pad outside the door is actually a simple X10 wireless remote for controlling lamps and such. Oh the days of working in an research lab building automated homes.
- “Come on Sheldon. You can’t move. Don’t you need to stay in one place so the mother ship can find you when it returns?” – Penny
- “He’s going telecommute, everyone’s really excited about it.” – Leonard about Sheldon’s job
- What kind of jerk steals a guys bags at bus station?
- Of the 3 Good Friends and 1 very close acquaintance, Howard is the acquaintance, and the self satisfied smirk on Raj’s face is priceless.