The second season of Glee starts out with pretty much the same style as the previous season. This time around though, the group starts out with a strong sense of family and togetherness that was only evident towards the end of the first season. Of course though the psychosis of many of the cast members, this family quickly degenerates into their old ways.
Unsurprisingly, the Glee club is still completely disrespected throughout the student body, but with limited numbers of slushy attacks this time around. Their new goal for this year is to gain more members and build out their club to eventually reach nationals. Two of their potential members are Sunshine (played by Philippine popstar Charice) and Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet). Though of course Rachel’s overzealous jealousy and Sam’s fear of the new football coach put a hamper on those prospects for now. Considering the number of artists lined up for this season, it seems that the producers are looking to provide a lot of variety to the musical stylings with a rotating group of guest stars.
As for the new coach, Coach Beiste (Dot Jones from Nip/Tuck) is a formidable opponent to Sue Sylvester, immediately getting budget cuts from the Cheerios and Glee club to fund her revived football team. For a while, I was worried that the friendly relationship between Sue and Will would be a permanent fixture this season, but I’m glad to see that Will easily ruins that friendship by his kindness towards Beiste. With three different factions in play now, it’s going to be interesting to see how the war zone plays out.
- Ok, if they want to get to nationals, wouldn’t they have to beat Vocal Adrenaline at Regionals?
- “A female football coach, like a male nurse, is a sin against nature.” – Sue
- Sunshine has already been recruited by Vocal Adrenaline’s new director, Dustin Golsby. What happened to the old director?
- I don’t know how Will allows Rachel’s crazy to run so rampant. You’d think he’d kick her out of the group by now.
- Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys (Whole Cast)
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison (Sam)
- Telephone by Lady Gaga (Rachel and Sunshine)
- Getting to Know You byThe King and I (Tina)
- Billionaire by Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars (Sam Evans)
- The Power by Snap! (Finn)
- Listen by Dreamgirls (Sunshine)
- What I Did for Love by A Chorus Line (Rachel)