Tonight’s Chuck was very heavy on the relationship story lines with a lot of time dealing with the fall out of last week’s accidental near proposal. In typical fashion and aided by Morgan’s own issues, Chuck’s mind goes into overdrive considering what her response means. Fortunately for them, their old friend Goya is back to honor Devon for saving his life last season, and they have plenty of time to work it out on their trip to Costa Grava.
It’s interesting to see three related stories going though at once, though I have to wonder if they all were a bit light on substance. Between Devon and Ellie’s baby-moon, Sarah and Chuck’s communication issues, and Alex (Casey’s daughter) and Morgan’s secret relationship, it feels almost too crowded. They did give a lot of time to Sarah and Chuck working out their relationship, with the usual Chuck’s desire for communication and Sarah’s reservation of changing her life for someone she loves. Unfortunately, I would have liked to see more along the Alex and Morgan story line as it felt that after several episodes of hinting, it was really rushed though without much substance. They could have done so much more with Casey trying to kill Morgan or Morgan working excessively hard to hide the fact that he and Alex were talking to each other.
Fortunately, the writers have seen fit to regularly advance the Volkoff and Frost storyline with more tidbits on how they can find her as well as use plenty of fast and quotable dialog, but they also filled this episode with a lot of extra drama and not as much humor as we’ve become accustomed to. In the end, though, we at least know where Sarah stands on the false proposal.
- Ellie is showing quite a bit for 4 months.
- I am not a fan of less than subtle in show commercialism.
- “There is nothing sweeter than a ripe fruit.” – Goya, not as creepy as Jeff, but close.
- Sarah uses a teeth-bleeching system.
- “I just wanted to save the day before awesome got a chance to.” – Chuck
- The CIA runs Windows 7 apparently.
- “That’s not a dad you want to give you a spanking.” – Big Mike of Casey
- “You gotta kiss her, and if you hear sweet smooth jams rise up from your soul, then that’s your answer.” – Big Mike
- There was no GRETA this week as there was almost no in store interaction.
Gratuitous Scenes with Sarah
- Trying on swimsuits.
- “Uh, yes to both, all of the above” sums it up pretty well.
- Laura by Girls
- Sleepwalk by Santo and Johnny
- Rebulu by Jesus Alejandro ‘El Nino’
- Without You by Lewis LaMedica
There was a lot of latin songs as well as one song at the end I couldn’t identify.